The PCD is strong with this one.
In case it’s not obvious, I’m too far gone for BTS. I love those boys. They’re such beautiful and talented human beings, which is why I try to make it a point to see them whenever they come do a show.
As I’ve mentioned previously, I attended both days of the Wings Tour in Manila. I’m crazy, I know. You can judge me all you want but money spent on BTS is money well-spent (hahahahahaha /cries).
Unlike Epilogue, I didn’t avail of the Pulp Royalty package this time because I’d only have been able to attend 1 day if I did. I did get VIP seats (not the most expensive ones – I’m not that crazy), though. The view is decent enough and if it weren’t for my horrible phone camera, I’d have taken more pictures.
What’s good: BTS, obviously. 7 beautiful boys singing and dancing their hearts out on stage make for a great weekend. The fan chants are especially louder than Epilogue’s. I’m pretty sure even the boys are amazed. The fan service! J-Hope’s very existence!
What’s not: The scorching heat while I helped out with the fan projects I volunteered for. People being messy. The full-on Filipino translation used for one of the VCRs. Seriously, did they use Google Translate? They could’ve asked for a translation. I would’ve done one for free.
Set list: Some kind soul made a Spotify playlist for post-con jams. N.O to War of Hormone (skipped in Day 2) was performed as medley, fyi. I still mourn the lack of Whalien 52 and House of Cards.
01. Starting the day early at the venue was a first for me. I was technically late for hi-touch last year. Anyway, being early was needed since I was volunteering for @wonhaemanila and helping out with their fan projects.
Day 1: all volunteers helped out with distributing the colored plastic bags to be used for the Spring Day Ocean – alternating pink & green colors, depending on the section.
Day 2: we distributed banners with the tagline “원해많이마닐라” on it. I won’t be able to explain to you what it really means but it’s a pun on a line from Blood, Sweat & Tears.
02. Meeting my mutuals and fangirling together. Not sleeping right away after the day ended. Looking at fansite photos and dying over BTS. I really regret not taking any pictures with everyone.
03. J-Hope. That’s it.
04. My picture with my favorite duo.
05. My most favorite stages: Dope (J-Hoooooope), Lie, First Love (Day 1), Mama (J-Hoooooope), Cypher 4, 21st Century Girls, and Boy Meets Evil.
06. All of the fan projects actually happening. I’m quite amazed, frankly. Anyway, I have a personal investment in @wonhaemanila’s success since I helped out and all so imagine how happy I was when the Spring Day ocean came together and 2Seok (Jin & J-Hope) held the Wonhae banners.
And that’s about it! I’m so glad I got to see BTS again. They’re really great entertainers and they work hard. Can you believe they managed to promote in Japan for a bit in between the Manila and Hong Kong stops?
Hard workers, I tell you. I don’t know how they manage it. I can’t imagine all the pain and hardships the idol lifestyle dumps on them. I’m proud of them and as much as I can, I want to keep supporting them.
Okay, I’ll stop being sappy now.
Smell ya later~